No group has a bigger impact on an organization than those who must lead from the middle of that organization – those who have a boss and are a boss, who must lead up, down, and across as part of their job. This keynote draws from research with thousands of successful “middle managers” across a wide variety of organizations to give the audience the inspiration, insights, and pragmatic tools they need to truly excel in their vital role.
* The audience learns the SCOPE framework which outlines the unique challenges of those who lead from the messy middle. They learn the key skillset and mindset elements required to succeed in their job and are moved to take pride in being the backbone of their organization.
* To lead up the organization brilliantly, the audience learns how to build better relationships w/ their boss, how to get clear on expectations, and more.
* To lead down the organization w/ excellence, they learn how to pinpoint what employee's need to improve upon, how to give great feedback, and more.
* To lead across the organization with savvy they learn how to deal with difficult co-workers, how to influence peers, and more.
This powerful keynote draws from the new book Leading from the Middle: A Playbook for Managers to Influence Up, Down, and Across the Organization. It’s wrapped in passionate oratory with fascinating research and compelling stories that will keep the audience riveted the entire time. A robust toolkit is also provided for the audience so that they can immediately put into practice what they just heard.
Being in the middle doesn’t mean being stuck in the middle. It means a chance to lead– in every direction. It’s a badge of pride. And now your audience will have the tools and inspiration to do it brilliantly.
Length: 60-75 minutes
Target audience: Anyone who has a boss and is a boss (or aspires to be a boss/manager of others someday); anyone who wants to improve their skills at leading from the middle of their organization.
The audience walks away with:
* a sense that they are understood and appreciated
* a sense of community in that they’re not alone in dealing with the unique challenges they face
* inspiration, insight, and specific tools to help them lead brilliantly up, down, and across their organization
* a deep sense of personal inspiration/motivation/energy
*Note: Ask about the Leading from the MIddle Training System that can accompany this keynote. Create an even deeper experience for your audience to help them build their ability to effectively lead up, down, and across the organization.
Content/delivery is tailored to the audience according to client needs.