Disruptive Innovator, Entrepreneur, Ellen Degeneres Favorite Teacher, Atlanta's 40 under 40
Featured Keynote Programs
The Audacity to Believe
Thriving in Education's New Age
Facing tech disruptions and rising turnover, educators need more than just survival skills. "The Audacity to Believe" empowers teachers to become changemakers, igniting inspiration and practical strategies. Michael Bonner, a renowned educator, shows you how to cultivate a "believer's" mindset within your classroom, sparking positive ripples throughout your school, county, and district.
Based on research, Mr. Bonner unveils 5 key traits of effective teacher leaders:
- Unwavering belief in student potential: You'll discover how to foster a "can-do" attitude, ensuring every student sees themselves as capable learners.
- Learning as the key to success: Learn how to connect academic achievement with real-world success, motivating students to invest in their education.
- Tailored instruction for individual needs: Equip yourself with strategies to provide customized learning experiences that empower each student to excel.
- Building resilience through failure: Explore healthy approaches to failure, turning setbacks into opportunities for growth.
- Embrace feedback for continuous improvement: Discover the power of constructive criticism for honing your craft and staying at the forefront of education.
Prepare to leave this speech feeling energized and ready to inspire the next generation! Join Michael Bonner and unlock the audacious potential within you and your students.
The Perfect Time to Quit!
The speech would be engaging and inspiring, encouraging teachers and leaders to embrace change and let go of old, outdated practices that are holding them back. By framing quitting in a positive light and encouraging the audience to take action, Michael Bonner will inspire teachers and leaders to make positive changes that will improve their practice and the climate and culture of their organization. The speech will be filled with personal anecdotes, humor, and practical tips and strategies that the audience can apply immediately in their own work.
By design is a keynote designed by the client and speaker to empower the individuals the conference or district is serving. This customized keynote will be designed to fit the needs of the audience by combining the expertise of Michael with the leaders of the organization. Through effective collaboration, a dynamic speech will be created to have attendees leave the keynote with a renewed sense of confidence and the tools necessary to be more efficient.
Intrepid (A Technology Focused Keynote)
In the Fourth Industrial Revolution, educators can enhance student learning by using technology. Michael Bonner's experience of using technology in the classroom led to a lifetime opportunity, and he has since implemented various technology tools to help students become thought leaders and entrepreneurs. This keynote will show educators how to do the same.
In this keynote, educators will:
- Be able to walk away with free applications that will enhance the level of learning within their classroom.
- A broader understanding of digital citizenship and how it allows students to actively take on leadership roles.
- See through examples and stories how connecting with students through technology ultimately provides them the opportunity to develop analytical/critical thinking skills.
Reconstructing Education through Effective Collaboration (Breakout Session)
Daily teachers are faced with hundreds of decisions that impact the lives of many children. In this breakout session, teachers will be able to have a constructive dialogue about pressing issues that are affecting educators. Michael Bonner will create an interactive discussion with educators with 6 categories that are circulating through education.
Through this discussion, teachers will:
• Discuss how the complexity of implicit bias and how cultural competency can ultimately influence their pedagogy.
• Discuss current academic fads and determine if they contribute to improving student outcomes.
• Create solutions to take back to their classrooms that will put students in a position to achieve success.
Creating an Engaging 21st Century Classroom (Breakout Session)
Educators who value the importance of becoming a better teacher are always looking for innovative and engaging ways to brighten up their classroom. In this breakout session teachers will get a chance to visually and physically step into Michael’s classroom! He will break down his “why” behind the methods he uses and share with educators different tactics he has found to be effective within his classroom. From relationship tactics to innovative applications, this breakout session address educating the whole child so all students can succeed!
In this session teachers will:
• Gather information on the mental/emotional aspects of the education profession and how to combat teacher burnout.
• Learn the different components of Whole Brain Teaching. Teachers will then learn how to implement this teaching technique into the classroom to create high levels of learning.
• Review the latest research in with Guided Reading and also suggest a highly effective guided reading rotation.
• Learn about the newest technological tools that can enhance student learning.
Be Better (Teacher Breakout Session)
Right now, our society is going through the Fourth Industrial Revolution. We can't afford to place our students in an unfortunate position by using outdated teaching methods. In this breakout session, Mr.Bonner will provide tips to help increase the social-emotional environment for students, vital literacy research that will foster a love for reading, and technology applications that will assist students in becoming producers rather than consumers.
Be Better (Administration Breakout Session)
Having quality teachers within your school building can drastically improve the school culture and student outcomes. Unfortunately, some teachers hold onto ideologies that harm student self-efficacy. In Michael Bonner’s last seven years of teaching, he has had 16 different administrators. Through those experiences, he dissects their methods and beliefs and offers tools and insights that will help leaders create a better environment for students and teachers.