Clara is co-founder and executive chair of global software company Hearsay Systems and member of the Starbucks board of directors. Her clients include some of the largest companies in the world seeking to transform their customer engagement models and business models for the digital age.
Named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, one of Fast Company's "Most Influential People in Technology," and both Fortune and Advertising Age's "40 Under 40," Clara developed the first social business app in 2007 and subsequently authored the bestseller book The Facebook Era and previously served in business and technical roles at Google, Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
Clara graduated #1 in computer science at Stanford University, where she also received an M.S. in computer science. She also holds an M.S. in internet studies from Oxford University, where she studied as a United States Marshall Scholar.
Every day, a billion people share the most important moments of their lives on social media, from new jobs to newborns -- and everything in between. Your own social networks are full of these “social signals” and your competitors are acting on this information in real time. The days of cold outreach are over-- today's savvy agents leverage these real-time insights to get smart about whom to reach out to, when to reach out, and what to say as well as to build deep lasting relationships that result in renewal, upsell, and referrals. Bestselling author, social media expert and Silicon Valley tech CEO Clara Shih will walk through how to succeed in today's radically different selling environment.
I. Digitally engaging customers during the pandemic and post-pandemic:
• Use of modern digital communication channels such as video calls, online document sharing, text messaging, social media engagement to build and nurture relationships virtually.
• How to balance corporate brand and local/relationship manager efforts.
• Regulatory considerations, such as FINRA/SEC for financial services.
II. Digital and Social Selling (Sales Effectiveness) during a pandemic– how to keep your sales reps producing and successful when golf outings, fancy dinners, and in-person meetings must be indefinitely postponed:
• How to leverage LinkedIn and other social media for prospecting, nurturing customer relationships as well as retention and relationship growth
• How to establish expert credibility and convey empathy over digital channels
• Why this is a critical time for building customer trust which will last a lifetime
III. How to build employee engagement virtually during the pandemic and post-pandemic
Special support needed for single parents and dual-working parents of young children
• How managers must manage differently than before
• Setting boundaries, management team role modeling behaviors, no weekends/nights, virtual coffees, creating structures for more frequent and more personal interaction moments
• How Recruiting needs to adapt to a virtual environment of no in-person interviews or candidate dinners
• How to think about returning to work