Your talk was full of excellent, useful information. You truly set the tone of the day, which was not only about causes of and approaches to the obesity epidemic, but that we each have a personal responsibility in impacting the outcome.
Dr. Pamela M. Peeke MD
Dr. Pamela Peeke is a nationally renowned physician, scientist, expert and thought leader in the fields of integrative and preventive medicine. Dr. Peeke is a Pew Foundation Scholar in Nutrition and Metabolism, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland, holds dual masters’ degrees in public health and policy, and is a Fellow of both the American College of Physicians and the American College of Sports Medicine. Dr. Peeke is featured in the National Institutes of Health’s “Changing Face of Medicine” exhibit on the history of women physicians at the National Library of Medicine. She has been named one of America’s top physicians by the Consumers Research Council of America. Dr. Peeke has received national recognition from the fitness and nutrition industries for her continuing leadership and expertise.
As a senior research fellow at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Dr. Peeke was the recipient of the National Health Research Science Fellowship and Intramural Research Training Award while conducting her original research on the relationship between belly fat distribution, trauma and stress. Dr. Peeke was the first senior research fellow at the National Institutes of Health Office of Alternative Medicine, where she helped establish the scientific foundation for the research and development of investigations involving stress, nutrition and fitness.As lifestyle expert for WebMD’s 90 million members, Dr. Peeke established a multi-media educational platform including podcasts, videos, and community exchanges. As Chief Medical Correspondent for Discovery Health television, she was featured in the award-winning National Body Challenge series, as well as her Could You Survive mini-series. Dr. Peeke is a regular in-studio medical commentator for the national networks including Good Morning America, ABC Nightline, Today Show, CNN, Fox News, the BBC and Huffington Post Live.
She is a regular blogger for Huffington Post, US News and World Report, and Prevention, among others. Dr. Peeke is co-host of the popular HER radio show broadcast on iHeart, iTunes and RadioMD, and which features news, guest experts, celebrities and lively commentary about women’s health and wellness.
Dr. Peeke is an acclaimed TEDx presenter and national keynote speaker in integrative and preventive medicine. Dr. Peeke is a three-time New York Times bestselling author including Fight Fat after Forty, Body for Life for Women, and The Hunger Fix: The 3 Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction. Dr. Peeke’s pioneering work in the prevention and treatment of addictive and binge eating, and addiction transfer has been profiled in the national media including the The Today show and the New York Times. Dr. Peeke is a science and health advisor for APPLE, developing apps for use in the enhancement of stress resilience in addiction, disordered eating and obesity. Dr. Peeke is emeritus board member of the International Spa Association where she pioneered the integration of complementary medicine and spa therapeutics.
Dr. Peeke is a Trustee of the National Senior Games Foundation, and is a Senior Olympic triathlete. Dr. Peeke has teamed with the US Surgeon General to create the Surgeon General Walks for a Healthy and Fit Nation. She is a member of the Maryland Governor’s Council on Fitness, and is national spokesperson for the American College of Sports Medicine’s Exercise is Medicine global campaign. She is senior editor of the women’s health section in the current Lifestyle Medicine textbook, authoring the comprehensive chapter on women’s body composition throughout the lifespan. Dr. Peeke is a speaker and educator for the Harvard Institute of Coaching, as well as the Benjamin Franklin Institute for mental and behavioral health professionals.
As founder of the Peeke Performance Center for Healthy Living™, Dr. Peeke guides men and women in their quest to optimize their quality of life and longevity. Dr. Peeke’s lifestyle coaching program is a holistic and integrative program that incorporates her trademark Mind, Mouth and Muscle lifestyle behavioral blueprint to manage the mind-body, nutritional and fitness challenges associated with weight and body composition management at any age, perimenopause and menopause, binge eating, addictive eating, and the metabolic syndrome.
Dr. Pamela M. Peeke MD
Featured Keynote Program
Dr. Peeke's Themes and Topics
Dr. Peeke’s eclectic and extensive training and experience gift event planners with a wide spectrum of possible themes and topics for their venues. A sampling of Dr. Peeke’s most popular presentation themes and topics includes:
- How to do daily Self-Care Sprints to optimize mind and body fitness and performance;
- The new science of food addiction and the evidence-based treatment program for lifelong recovery;
- The power of the gut microbiome to optimize mood, health and longevity;
- Food, mood and weight management;
- The full range of women’s health and wellness topics spanning her entire lifetime;
- The exciting new science of epigenetics and the power of environment and lifestyle habits to dictate destiny, not just genetics;
- Cutting edge science of the prevention and treatment of obesity, diabetes, heart disease;
- Easy cooking and culinary secrets to whole food nutrition;
- Optimizing health, fitness and body composition at any age;
- Are you Fit to Live---can you mentally and physically survive 21st century challenges;
- Sleeping your way to success;
- Exercise is medicine: the global campaign to get everyone moving;
- Optimal nutrition and weight management for women, men and families;
- The new science of eating disorder management;
- How to manage body image conflicts and struggles at any age;
- Trauma and PTSD and their relationship to self-destructive behavior;
- The new science of integrative addiction treatment;
- You’re living an addictive lifestyle and you don’t know it;
- The connection between chronic stress and belly fat and how to minimize this toxic fat;
- Learning the powerful new science behind meditation to improve health and well-being;
- Creativity and performance in all areas of your life;
- Tips, tools and techniques for learning how to adapt and adjust to personal stress;
- How to create an optimal workplace wellness program;
- Creating a customized strategy for work-life balance.
Your presentation was just the right pick-me-upper in a meeting that consisted primarily of deep subjects geared to provide insight and solutions to many of the challenges that senior-level women in government face today.
What a wonderful contribution your lecture presentation made to our fifth annual Women's Health Symposium. Many times throughout the day, we heard comments such as "the best symposium yet" and "this year's speakers were all tremendous!"
You have given thousands of women the opportunity to realize the theme of this year's conference, helping the "Connect Today" so they can "Seize Tomorrow" and become their own Architects of Change.
Your National Body Challenge initiative is providing a wonderful service to families nationwide and helping to begin reversing these alarming trends by educating consumers and parents about the importance of good nutrition and physical activity.
Your participation in this event was an essential component in helping us reach our goals of educating and empowering women to take a proactive role in their healthcare.
The three most appropriate words that come to mind after your powerful Wellness Panel presentation are 'veni, vidi, vici!'. 'Who was that woman' was asked time and again as you are such a superb communicator of extremely useful & substantive information.