- Child Sexual Abuse Survivor
- Motivational Speaker and Author
- Founder of Peaceful Hearts Foundation
Matthew Sandusky, Founder and Executive Director of Peaceful Hearts Foundation, was a victim of childhood sexual abuse from the age of 8 to 17 at the hands of his adopted father, Jerry Sandusky. Matthew is working to turn his traumatic personal experience into a mechanism to prevent childhood sexual abuse and help other survivors heal.
Through his work with Peaceful Hearts, ... VIEW MORE
The Deafening Silence
In this presentation Matthew discusses the reasons children who are sexually victimized sometimes recant or never ... View More
When males have been sexually victimized as children
In this presentation Matthew discusses child sexual victimization of boys. He uses his personal story of ... View More
Exploring Sex Offender Grooming
This presentation is aimed at gaining a more complete understanding of grooming. The goal of this presentation is ... View More
Hope and Healing
Matthew talks about life after sexual abuse sharing his journey of healing to encourage hope and empowerment for ... View More
- As a therapist working with children that have been sexually abused I can understand the strength and bravery it took for Matthew to come forward and disclose his abuse. By sharing his truth and exposing his adopted father, Matthew took a risk. A risk most children cannot take for fear of the unknown. Unfortunately for Matthew his biggest fear came true. He lost his support and his family. Matthew refused to be a victim. He knew the shame and betrayal was bigger and needed to be exposed. Matthew took back his strength and his power when he decided to take a stand for all survivors of child sexual abuse. He continued to hold his head high and has not allowed anyone to shame him. Every time Matthew tells his truth and shares the details of the grooming and abuse he suffered by his adopted father he gives hope and healing to children and adults. He is a dynamic, genuine, and poised speaker and the Gulf Coast Children’s Advocacy Center was lucky to have him speak at our community event. Every time Matthew gives a speech he sheds the shame for all victims and survivors.
- -Tasha A. Jackson - Gulf Coast Children’s Advocacy Center
- Matt Sandusky is a powerfully moving public speaker. He has weathered one of the great tragedies of our time, but unlike most, he actually lived it, survived, and is brave enough to share the behind the scenes details that will educate audiences and help prevent others from suffering this type of crime.”
- Jim Clement - Retired FBI Profiler/Expert Witness
- It is my pleasure to recommend Matthew Sandusky to your organization. Matthew is a powerful speaker and advocate for countless children and adults around the world who have similarly suffered sexual abuse. His raw honesty and captivating portrayal of his experiences and struggles will inspire everyone to become more aware of child sexual abuse and involved in making our communities safer. Through his speeches, his foundation and his book, Matthew inspires professionals working to end child sexual abuse. He affirms the great work done by Children’s Advocacy Centers, and challenges everyone – professionals, parents, policy makers, and adults – to work together on behalf of our children.
- Steve Lepore - Founder/Executive Director, 1in6
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!