Dr. James Maas
Featured Keynote Program
Peak Performance for the Rest of Your Life
To be a peak performer you need to be fully alert, dynamic, energetic, in a good mood, and cognitively sharp. You must be able to concentrate, remember, make critical and creative decisions, communicate persuasively, and be productive all day long. None of this is possible without quality sleep. Furthermore, healthy sleep has been proven to be the single most important determinant in predicting longevity. It is more influential than diet, exercise or heredity-but our modern culture has become a study in sleep deprivation. We must learn to value sleep, yet most of us know very little about the incredibly varied activity that occurs during the course of each night, and how it affects health, happiness and performance. This presentation, extremely popular with corporate, association and general audiences, explores the nature of sleep, focusing on such questions as:
• Why are 100 million Americans sleep deprived?
• What are the consequences for thinking, performance and lifespan?
• What are the different stages of nocturnal sleep and how important are they to daytime functioning?
• How much sleep do you need to function well?
• Can you decrease your need for sleep and remain efficient?
• How can you reduce travel fatigue?
• Do you need less sleep as you get older?
• Is napping healthy?
• What causes insomnia?
• What are the four golden rules and ten sleep strategies that will assure you a great night's sleep?
The information provided in this presentation will increase your daytime alertness, psychological mood, productivity, creativity and quality of life.