Don is entertaining and convincing. His talk was exactly what our organization needed--it made a significant impact.
Donald B. Ardell
Featured Keynote Programs
Cast Off Your Burkas
How To Overcome Formidable Obstacles To A Healthy Lifestyle A High Performance Life
Aging Under the Influence - Of A Disciplined, Joyful Lifestyle
How To Shape And Sustain A Lifestyle Founded On Personal Responsibility, Exceptional Physical Fitness, Sound Diet And A Quest for Happiness, Added Meaning and Purpose, Freedom And Reason
Worksite Wellness That Makes A Difference
Get rid of inhibitions that constrain and disguise your fullest possibilities as a highly evolved human. Doing so will get you in shape for the real challenge -- overcoming the norms and customs that reinforce mediocre levels of health, happiness and freedom. I have five proposals to guide you in this quest.
Five Questions: Before describing my five proposals, please consider these five questions:
1. Are you normal? Yes or no.
2. What is your weight and height? Make a note -- and show what you wrote to the person next to you.
3. What do you suppose is nature's most powerful medicine or semi-panacea? One word should be sufficient. (Show the person next to you what you wrote.)
4. Ever been on a diet? Yes or no. Did it work? Did you lose weight AND keep it off? Yes or no.
5. What comes to mind when I ask, "What are the best of times?" How often each day do you say, or think, something like, "Wow. I am one fortunate person. This is so sweet. This is the best of times."
The Five Proposals: And now, five suggestions, aided by a few visuals, to set you on your way to advanced levels of health, happiness and freedom.
1. Don't be normal
2. Be realistic - set modest expectations
3. Become addicted to nature's wonder drug -- exercise
4. Try my new diet -- the Exercise Diet or "TED"
5. Seek 23 DBRU equivalents daily.
Conclusion and Parting Words
There you have it -- the five suggestions. I hope they put you in a good mood and motivate you to try to prove that you can do it. It won't be easy but then, nothing worthwhile ever is.
Maybe the time has come to resolve to go out there and celebrate life more than you already do, to seek DBRU equivalents and ways to become more fit, play more, have more fun. And, as suggested, seek new levels of health, happiness and freedom.
As my daughter said to me not so long ago during her high school days, "Dad, may all your dead rhinos be like totally bloated on this lovely day." Thank you and be well.
Unforgettable. The best talk we ever had at our annual conventions. Way to go, Don.
Don is the best. Accept nothing less than the master--and the pioneer of the wellness movement.
Dr. Ardell lit a fire under our employees. He was informative and a lot of fun. We benefitted from the handouts he provided that helped everyone remember the key lessons and to utilize the additional resources he recommended for follow-up action.