As an agent, you try to help your clients find the very best speaker for your event, but sometimes you’ll still get a message back that says “sorry, we went another direction.”. So, I started tracking those misses, and here are the top 10 speakers I didn’t book for clients. Some I book to speak a lot (like Inky Johnson and Vinh Giang) but I didn’t think to suggest for those particular events, while some (like John DiJulius) were new to me—and hey, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!
10. Mel Robbins*- The 5 Second Rule – Achieve Break Through Performance In Your Career & Life ; 5-4-3-2-1- Book Mel Robbins! (well, that's funny if you watch her video)
9. David Horsager- The Trust Edge: What Top Leaders have and 8 Pillars to Build it Yourself
8. Chester Elton- The Best TEAM Wins: The 5 Disciplines of Today’s Most Effective Team Leaders
7. Vinh Giang*- The Psychology of Illusion
6. Kelly McDonald- How To Work With and Lead People Not Like You
5. Luke Williams- Disrupt: Sparking Business Transformation with Innovation
4. Mitch Anthony- Defining Conversations
3. John DiJulius- What's The Secret?/The X Commandments
2. Inky Johnson- Tragedy to Triumph
1. Derek Daly- A Champion's Path: Race Team Tactics For Business (this one is particularly bad, because he's an Indy Car guy and I'm from the Indianapolis area.)
Of course, now we don't have to 'miss'. Let me know if I can help you bring in one of these popular speakers for your next event.
*If you like podcasts, you can check out Vinh Giang and (coming soon) Mel Robbins on our Beyond Speaking Podcast.