In this episode, Ryan Sheehy, elementary principal and author, bares his soul as he shares the ups and downs of his journey to writing “Be The One For Kids” and what comes next.
Ryan shares what “failing harder” means to him, the story of signing Eddie’s soccer ball, and one very important, final message for every teacher out there.
- 1:42 – Ryan answers the question, “what do you do?”
- 4:46 – Ryan’s “life purpose.”
- 5:25 – Where “Be The One For Kids” came from.
- 6:15 – Ryan’s journey to writing a book.
- 9:27 – What Ryan hopes the book will give you.
- 10:50 – Failing harder.
- 14:37 – Eddie’s soccer ball, and believing in Nuvia.
- 21:04 – What Ryan is most excited about in education.
- 25:05 – 6 questions in 15 seconds or less…Ryan rocks it!
- 27:09 – How to connect with Ryan
- 28:13 – Ryan’s final words for you.
- EdTech Tool: For himself – Voxer. For his students and his school – Touchcast / Remind
- Book: “What School Could Be” by Ted Dintersmith
- Who to Follow: Dave Burgess (@burgessdave)
- YouTube/Instagram/Website/Blog: TED Talks Education
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Connecting with students about things outside the classroom. Also be active on social media and never stop learning.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received:Relationships, Relationships, Relationships!