- Texas Teacher of the Year
- Inspiration To All Facing Adversity
- Author of "Hunting Hope"
Nika Maples, a native Texan, never thought she would become a teacher. By her sophomore year in college everything changed …
In 1994, a lupus-induced stroke left Nika quadriplegic. She could not speak, swallow, or blink. In intensive care, she listened as physicians warned her family that she had as little as 48 hours to live. If she lived at all, they said, she could be expected to ... VIEW MORE
Laughter is the Best Medicine: Learning to Use Life’s Most Powerful Tool
In her most popular keynote, Nika shares some of her embarrassing moments as Texas Teacher of the Year and reminds us ... View More
The Ricochet: Waiting for a Good Return
The classroom and the marketplace are not as different as one might think. Both teachers and business people are “ ... View More
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: Working Together to Make Work Better
Nothing invigorates productivity like a trustworthy and enjoyable environment. Through the humorous stories of some “ ... View More
May the Force Be with You: Engaging the Mystery of Student Motivation
Through a workshop format that is ideal for professional development, Nika opens the door of her classroom via ... View More
- Nika was professional and cooperative in every way. Her humor was subtle, yet effective. She is just so passionate about her outlook on life and in educating students. She spoke from the heart and definitely connected with our staff.
- Mr. Steve - CAM Community School District
- Nika Maples is incredible. She speaks from her heart, her words touch people of all ages, and she leaves a lasting impression in your mind. We are still talking about her!
- Lu, Ph.D. - Educational Leadership, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas
Posted December 22nd 2015In Proverbs 4:23, we read:Above all else,guard your heart, foreverything you do flows from it. Yes, but how do youguard yo...
Posted May 14th 2015"The hardest thing I ever had to do is nothing at all. When my nose itched, I had to wait for someone to scratch it. But there ...
Posted January 20th 2015They avoided my questions. Both writers who had chosen self-publishing and writers who had chosen traditional publishing woul...
Posted October 28th 2014It stung when the teenage girl hung her head, blonde curls falling into her eyes, "I wanted to talk to someone older about it,"...
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!