- Texas Teacher of the Year
- Inspiration To All Facing Adversity
- Author of "Hunting Hope"
Nika Maples, a native Texan, never thought she would become a teacher. By her sophomore year in college everything changed …
In 1994, a lupus-induced stroke left Nika quadriplegic. She could not speak, swallow, or blink. In intensive care, she listened as physicians warned her family that she had as little as 48 hours to live. If she lived at all, they said, she could be expected to ... VIEW MORE
Laughter is the Best Medicine: Learning to Use Life’s Most Powerful Tool
In her most popular keynote, Nika shares some of her embarrassing moments as Texas Teacher of the Year and reminds us ... View More
The Ricochet: Waiting for a Good Return
The classroom and the marketplace are not as different as one might think. Both teachers and business people are “ ... View More
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: Working Together to Make Work Better
Nothing invigorates productivity like a trustworthy and enjoyable environment. Through the humorous stories of some “ ... View More
May the Force Be with You: Engaging the Mystery of Student Motivation
Through a workshop format that is ideal for professional development, Nika opens the door of her classroom via ... View More
- Nika was professional and cooperative in every way. Her humor was subtle, yet effective. She is just so passionate about her outlook on life and in educating students. She spoke from the heart and definitely connected with our staff.
- Steve Pelzer, Superintendent - CAM Community School District
- Nika Maples is incredible. She speaks from her heart, her words touch people of all ages, and she leaves a lasting impression in your mind. We are still talking about her!
- Lu Stephens, PhD Program Advisor - Educational Leadership, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas