- Teacher of the Year
- Visionary in Positive Mindset and Innovation
- Featured on "The Ellen Degeneres Show"
I wish I could go back to second grade, so Mr.Bonner could be my teacher,” were the words Ellen Degeneres released on her social media accounts in early January 2017. This is when she learned of how Mr. Bonner's unique, rap-filled teaching methods encouraged students to go above and beyond on a reading test.
Mr. Bonner is an inspiring second grade teacher at North Carolina's South ... VIEW MORE
Innovation = Motivation (Transforming School Culture)
Creating new and innovative strategies within the classroom is an exciting task but can seem daunting to the teacher ... View More
The Road to Bonnerville
Teachers are constantly faced with hundreds of decisions that impact the lives of many children daily. But what ... View More
- Mr. Michael Bonner did a terrific job speaking to members and guests at the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce’s March 21 Power Luncheon. It was clear from the start that Mr. Bonner had the unique ability to capture an audience with a moving message and he had the packed Hilton ballroom fully engaged. Mr. Bonner spoke with such enthusiasm and purpose and he cleverly sprinkled in some humor along the way. He used an expressive voice and an effective cadence to make a connection with the audience. Mr. Bonner exuded such passion for his students and profession, which set the stage for such a refreshing message.
- Trent McGee, Public Policy & Operations - Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce
- After my visit to Mr. Bonner’s classroom I honestly wanted to go right back to my students I used to teach in Durham and roll up my sleeves and go teach again. I thought about how really…Mr. Bonner’s classroom is primarily a MINDSET shift to POSITIVE thinking and law of attraction! Mr. Bonner is a visionary leader and creates that positive mindset within ALL students. Mr. Bonner also doesn’t just expect excellence in academic performance, but maintains this level of excellence in student’s social behaviors, in leadership and service skills, and building empathy and civic dispositions. Mr. Bonner is not just empowering his students to become proficient on a test, but empowering civic mindedness, caring citizens, and future leaders of our society?
- Justyn Knox, Division of Curriculum and Instruction - North Carolina Department of Public Instruction