- Founder and President of CURE
- Author and Syndicated Columnist
- Former Welfare Mother Turned Activist
Star Parker is the Founder and President of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education (CURE). Prior to Star Parker's involvement in public policy, she lived seven years in the grip of government dependency. Her experiences on welfare led to her to play an active role in the passing of federal welfare reform in 1996.
From welfare mother to businesswoman, national celebrity, and ... VIEW MORE
Social Security Reform
Moving our nation from Entitlement to Empowerment
How abortion has deeply hurt our society and what we can do about it.
Politics, Policy, and Racial Polarization
How to reverse the trends of the welfare state.
- "The event went very well. Our roundtable with Star before the luncheon was extremely productive and enjoyed by all. We had many young people attend the lunch and we so appreciated Star taking the time to talk and take pictures with them .Everyone thoroughly enjoyed her speech; she is an inspirational woman. Thank you so much for all your help in coordinating this event."
- Pari Cariaga - Center of the American Experiment