Sean Forbes is a hip-hop artist from Detroit, Michigan who happens to be deaf.
In 2006, after graduating from the Rochester Institute of Technology, Sean co-founded the Deaf Professional Arts Network, known as D-PAN, a nonprofit organization that makes music and music culture accessible for the deaf and hard of hearing community by creating American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation ... VIEW MORE
Sean will open up the show with a 20-30 minute musical performance of his most popular and appropriate for school ... View More
- Motivational/Determination Themes - Overcoming Physical Challenges/Adversity - American Sign Language and Artistic ... View More
- Everyone LOVED this performance. . . . He is a living breathing representation of his "ability" message that is so good to hear. I loved that he said he would not change a thing in his life, because all of it is what has made him who he is.
- Lee Ann Wolfe,English / Journalism Adviser - Seneca Valley High School - Germantown, MD
- I have heard nothing but glowing comments about Sean's visit to our school from both students and staff. They really enjoyed his story and his performance.
- Sheryl Kirby, Information Technology Manager - George Washington High School - Philadelphia, PA
- Thank you so much for today! It was such an incredible and humbling experience. Our students really enjoyed it, as did the adults that were present!! Sean and Mark are such inspirations, as are the rest of the crew!
- Mila Bello, Psychology Instructor / Faculty - Cardinal Spellman High School - Bronx, NY