Ruby Payne PhD
- President of aha! Process, Inc.
- Expert on Educating Students in Poverty
- "A Framework for Understanding Poverty"
Every successful organization needs a driver, a leader who keeps it focused, hones its vision and nurtures it as a way of developing and maximizing its potential. For aha! Process, Inc., that person is its founder, Dr. Ruby K. Payne.
Ruby has been involved with education since 1972 as a teacher, principal, consultant, and administrator. The lessons learned during those years are the ... VIEW MORE
A Framework for Understanding Poverty
This is the workshop with which Ruby Payne started aha! Process... A Framework for Understanding Poverty—Our ... View More
Identifying and Serving Gifted Students from Poverty
Our process, with ready-to-use instruments and procedures, helps you identify gifted students from poverty. You’ll also ... View More
Building Strong Communities
Bridges Out of Poverty—This workshop is a powerful tool for change if your school works with families from poverty. Our ... View More
Meeting AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress) with 5 Simple Processes
Learn systemic processes to identify which students need to improve and in what areas, align instruction with standards, ... View More
- . . . Everyone loved Dr. Payne! I talked with teachers from all three schools, and they said it was one of the best workshops ever. The information she presented is so relevant to our area. Thanks so for your assistance.
- Cindy Jones - Director of Federal Programs - Telfair County Schools - Georgia
- Last year, out of 110 of my students, 75 improved their scores. I had students who were scoring below basic move up to proficient, a large gain. And it happened because of the strategies and the building of relationships we’ve learned with Dr. Payne.
- Arclista Story, Language Arts Teacher - Ridgeroad Middle Charter School, AR
- All of our achievement scores have gone up. Students who come from poverty are closing that achievement gap. Not only are they catching up with their peers, but as all our test scores go up exponentially, they are right with them!
- Dr. Wynona Winn, Superintendent - Hutchinson, KS