Ruby Payne PhD
- President of aha! Process, Inc.
- Expert on Educating Students in Poverty
- "A Framework for Understanding Poverty"
Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D. is the founder of aha! Process and an author, speaker, publisher, and career educator. Recognized internationally for A Framework for Understanding Poverty, her foundational book and workshop, Dr. Ruby Payne has helped students and adults of all economic backgrounds achieve academic, professional, and personal success.
As an expert on the mindsets of economic ... VIEW MORE
Serve under-resourced students with hands-on techniques that help you narrow and then close the achievement gap. Reduce ... View More
Removing the Mask: Identifying and Serving Gifted Students from Poverty
School districts struggle to identify giftedness in students from poverty. Do the demographics of your gifted and ... View More
Emotional Poverty: How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety, and Violence in your Classroom
What is emotional poverty? It is when the brain is unintegrated and unregulated, when the bonding and attachment is not ... View More
A Framework for Understanding Poverty
This is the workshop with which Ruby Payne started aha! Process... A Framework for Understanding Poverty—Our ... View More
- . . . Everyone loved Dr. Payne! I talked with teachers from all three schools, and they said it was one of the best workshops ever. The information she presented is so relevant to our area. Thanks so for your assistance.
- Cindy Jones - Director of Federal Programs - Telfair County Schools - Georgia
- Last year, out of 110 of my students, 75 improved their scores. I had students who were scoring below basic move up to proficient, a large gain. And it happened because of the strategies and the building of relationships we’ve learned with Dr. Payne.
- Arclista Story, Language Arts Teacher - Ridgeroad Middle Charter School, AR
- All of our achievement scores have gone up. Students who come from poverty are closing that achievement gap. Not only are they catching up with their peers, but as all our test scores go up exponentially, they are right with them!
- Dr. Wynona Winn, Superintendent - Hutchinson, KS