On March 13, 2011 Nancy’s 27 year old son Peter was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease. Their world changed in a moment. They were told that there is no treatment or cure and the prognosis was 2-5 years. Since that day, Nancy has immersed herself in the ALS community. Through her education and work experience, she knew that the best way to become knowledgeable and currently ... VIEW MORE
- Nancy is a dynamic presenter and was the only speaker (of eight) at our event to receive a full-house standing ovation. Nancy presented her story in a compelling and digestible way to the audience, providing both personal anecdotes and real-life facts about the impact the Ice Bucket Challenge had on the ALS community and ALS education. She truly came across as professional, passionate and highly informed. Nancy was a pleasure to work with even in the weeks leading up to the event. She asked all of the right questions when preparing her talk and was always prompt in delivering any materials the team needed in a timely fashion. It would be a true honor to work with Nancy again in the future. I am proud to say I had the opportunity to interview such an amazing woman.
- Jennifer Hauser EVP and Director of Wellness 360 - Edelman
- I would like to sincerely thank you for inspiring the Hult community with your keynote speech, I couldn’t have asked for a better keynote speaker. Your keynote speech scored the highest rating compared to all other sessions at the summit from a post-summit satisfaction survey. It is evident that you made a positive impact on engaging and inspiring our alumni.
- Steven McAnulty Global Alumni Relations Manager - Hult International Business School
- Nancy graced the stage at our annual gala for 2,000 people, and you could hear a pin drop as she revealed chapter by chapter of her amazing story of awareness, discovery, family, and the confrontation of inevitable loss. She did it with such a genuine voice, her candor and honesty blending with such humility and humanity that it roused the crowd to a standing ovation, the only one of the evening. We had three other very high profile and impactful keynotes, and many attendees said to me immediately afterwards, ‘I came to hear the other speakers, but I leave being most moved by Nancy, by a long shot.
- Mike LaRhette Chief Development Officer - MassChallenge, Inc