- One of the Original Freedom Writers
- Servant Leader
- Best Selling Author
- Manny Scott was hands down AMAZING! Our staff, superintendent, and campus leaders loved Manny Scott’s message. He was exactly what we all needed to hear. Thank you for all of your help.
- Holly Ferguson, M. Ed. - Prosper ISD
- TRAINING LEADERS/ADULTS -- "I used to think Manny Scott was the best speaker I had ever heard in my 46 years in education- and I still do. But I believe, after hearing him teach [my administrators and teachers] today, that his strongest suit is that of lecturing and teaching and interacting with an audience...He puts it in a way that is easy to understand. Plus, he brings great credibility to it because of his background."
- Dr. Keith Ballard - Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at Oklahoma University
- "Sorry but this is going to be a LONG message but I didn't think you would mind...I have been seriously thinking about killing myself, and you came to my school and helped me see that I'm not alone in my struggle with depression and loneliness. I've been so sad because my mother died recently...A few weeks ago my dad came into my room to find me crying on my bed. Because of you, I asked him if I could go to counseling. He asked me why... I showed him my wrists and how they were cut up. He was shocked. He asked me why I did it. My response: I didn't think that there was any other reason for me to live if my mom isn't alive. I started balling. He hugged me and said, 'okay I will find you a counselor tomorrow.' Now I feel so much better. I don't feel depressed anymore. Basically what I am trying to say is... you helped me and thank you. you are truly my hero."
- IMPROVED GRADES AND PERFORMANCE "Mr. Scott, words will never be able to describe how thankful I am that you were able to speak at my school a few months ago. Since then, I have been a new person. I let go of all my old ways, and I am now doing a lot better in school, as well as at home. I stopped smoking. I stopped drinking. I realized that where I want to go in life is way more important than the drugs or alcohol. I have actually applied myself in school and stopped sleeping in class. Here's how I have improved so far in school since your visit: English- I went from a 54 to a 73 Math- I went from a 27 to a 71 Physics- From a 38 to a 69 History-From a 50 to a 78 I wouldn't have been able to do it without you! Thank you!"
- A "Changed" Teacher
- SUICIDES PREVENTED - "Dear Mr. Scott, I heard you today at my school and was so moved. I talked to you to, and it means so much that you do this...I recently wrote a suicide note, and tonight I was gonna end it with a knife, but you came to my school today and saved me. Your words were stronger than my knife. I owe you so much! You are a true man, a true hero, and a true saviour! Thank you so much.” -Anonymous Student
- Anonymous Student
- Manuel's message of hope, the value of intrinsic motivation and personal determination in beating the odds, was awe-inspiring. Manuel's not only an excellent role model for students but an inspiration to us all!
- Alan J. Ingram, Ed.D. Excecutive Director of Federal Programs - Oklahoma City Public Schools
- I am a freshman counselor at a public school. Manuel's story is SO similar to the many I hear everyday. He touched my heart in a way that I will never forget. I came to work this morning with a new perspective which allowed me to see new possibilities.
- Amy D., - Oklahoma City
- As a teacher at this school since 1995, I cannot recall an event that touched the lives of our students in such a positive way as your visit has . . . you impacted countless students today and changed in one visit the culture of our building.
- Joel H., Educator - Green Bay, WI
- When it comes to carrying the message of poverty, gangs, drugs, abuse and the hopelessness experienced by far too many of our children today . . . No one tells it better than Manuel Scott. No one who hears his incredible story will ever be the same.
- Masie Bross, Director - Whiz Kids, Inc.
- Last school year you talked to my son. I don't know what you said to him, but it really helped him. Before he met you, he was expelled from school, fresh out of jail, and on his way to prison. Now he is in a National Guard Challenge Program. Thanks again!
- Tamara L. - Monmouth, IL
- Manny is an awesome speaker with an honest and appealing approach and he has a definite story to impart that cuts straight to the heart. We were riveted as he told his story and made his plea to show your children how much you care and be there for them.
- Viky Thompkins, Principal - Herbert A.Wood Elementary
- We had an excellent experience with Mr. Scott!...Mr. Scott arrived on time and delivered the powerful message (to about 500 educators) that they DO make a difference in the lives of the children they serve.
- Barbara Phillips
- I can't even put it in words! The feedback I have received is amazing. I have received so many phone calls, emails, and messages saying there is no way I will ever be able to top that. In over 3000 evaluation forms there was not one single negative one.... which is unprecedented( especially at this time of the year when all the teachers want to do is get their rooms ready for the soon arriving students).
- Sandy Armstrong, Regional In-Service Director - East Alabama Regional In-Service Center (EARIC)
- "Manny, thanks so much for coming to West Plains. The faculty and staff are still reeling over the experience. I continue to receive messages 'this was the best experience of my PD career!' You have inspired all of us."
- Julie Williams
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!
Manuel Scott travels from Atlanta, GA and requires Travel and expenses are included in the speaker's honorarium.