Dr. Leana Wen
- E.R. Physician and Professor
- TED Speaker
- Best-selling author
Dr. Leana Wen is a Harvard-educated emergency physician, Rhodes Scholar, TED speaker, and author of the critically acclaimed book, When Doctors Don't Listen: How to Avoid Misdiagnoses and Unnecessary Tests (St. Martin's Press, January 2013; paperback June 2014).
When Dr. Wen was a medical student, her mother was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. As she helped her mother navigate ... VIEW MORE
Turning Fear Inside Out
In this talk that draws upon her experiences of overcoming a disabling speech impediment and her research into sickness ... View More
The Low-Tech Revolution to Health Care Reform
Based Dr. Wen’s popular TED talk, this is how doctors and patients can bring back low-tech advances that will improve ... View More
When Doctors Don't Listen
Dr. Wen talks about why today’s doctors aren’t listening and what you can do to become an empowered patient.
A Call to Action for Young People to Join the "World's Fight”
Dr. Wen urges students to find and pursue their passion. She demonstrates how other young people have made a difference, ... View More
- Dr. Wen is an extremely knowledgeable and passionate doctor, who is committed to her message to transform physician-patient interactions. I enjoyed her enthusiasm, her stories and the overall approach in her presentation.
- Eric Foo - University of California, Davis
- Leana is one of the best speakers I’ve seen. She knows how to use narrative to convey information. Her presentations . . . finely crafted, using brief, compelling stories to make serious points—without ever losing the audience's attention.
- James Militzer - NextBillion
- Dr. Wen is an extraordinary speaker. From the moment she uttered her first word, she captured the audience. She is articulate w/ her words & knowledgeable about the topics she is discussing. . . . she is compassionate w/ the audience she is addressing.
- Stephanie C. Guiffre, MPA, Strategic Alliance & Initiatives Director - Colon Cancer Alliance
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!