Kyle Schwartz is a third grade teacher at Doull Elementary in Denver, Colorado. Doull Elementary has a strong community and the school faces challenges. At Doull, about 90% of students live below or very near to the poverty line and about half are learning English at school.
Ensuring that all children receive a quality education has been the driving force in Kyle Schwartz's career. ... VIEW MORE
Topics Kyle Schwartz is passionate about:
- increasing student voice in our school communities - increasing equity in education - building strong classroom ... View More
What Students Wish We Knew
For years I have been asking the same beautifully simple question of her students: What do you wish your teacher ... View More
Building Community in the Classroom
The beginning of every school year, teachers are faced with a monumental task-- to turn a list of names on a class ... View More
Responsive Teaching that Meets Students’ Needs
I provide an look at issues like students, such as poverty and student mobility that affect millions of students ... View More
- Kyle ignited the spark that would fuel the educators in the room as they thought about how they too could affect change. Kyle speaks vividly, candidly, and through the power of her students’ stories.
- Stephenie Johnson, Associate Campaign Director and K-12 Education Policy Analyst - Center for American Progress TeachStrong Campaign
- As a non-profit that gives school supplies to teachers and students, we knew Kyle would be the perfect keynote speaker at our Gala. Her touching and thoughtful presentation highlighted our mission perfectly and her warm and engaging personality endeared her to all our guests. You won't find a more inspiring educator!
- Jeanne Mock, Director of Special Projects - Kids In Need Foundation
- Kyle is not only a teacher-advocate inside the classroom. She brings her advocacy to the local political landscape, as well; ensuring equitable resources for students across the district. Kyle acted as a co-lead for the 2016 Bond and Mill Levy Summit with a cohort of educators working to educate and engage community members on the upcoming ballot measure. She facilitated small group conversation and power mapping activities with a truly enthusiastic spirit!
- Angel Cobian, Manager of Organizing Strategy - Leadership for Educational Equity
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!