- Former Senior Policy Advisor, Obama WH
- Promoting diversity in the STEM Workforce
- Founder and CEO of Fly Sci Enterprise, LLC
Dr. Knatokie Ford is Founder and CEO of Fly Sci Enterprise, LLC. Established in 2014, Fly Sci Enterprise is an education and media consulting organization focused on leveraging the power of storytelling to promote social change, particularly in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
Biomedical Scientist. Creative Science Communicator. Midwesterner with a ... VIEW MORE
STEM diversity and inclusion
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields are essential to America’s economic growth and global ... View More
Storytelling and Entertainment Media as tools for social change
Studies of popular entertainment media such as cinema and television demonstrate the power of the media to influence ... View More
Imposter Syndrome and Stereotype Threat: Silent Killers of Confidence
On the heels of achievement, it is not uncommon for people to feel like they just got “lucky” or that they do not ... View More
“Dreams are like stars. You may never touch them, but if you follow them, they will lead you to your destiny.” One of ... View More
- Knatokie captures the audience’s attention from the moment she takes the stage. Her story of overcoming adversity encourages others to persevere in their own challenges. Knatokie’s natural curiosity and love for STEM is infectious. Her passion for diversity and desire to make a difference is inspiring.
- Antoinette M. Hays PhD, President - Regis College
- Dr. Ford delivered a powerful message during her keynote address to 4,000 attendees at the 2017 SACNAS National Diversity in STEM Conference. Her message was carefully crafted, interweaving her academic career and a job at the White House, with personal challenges she had to overcome stemming from her bout with "impostor syndrome". Her dynamic delivery engaged the audience in the challenges she faced and concluded with a resolution stemming from the solutions she found. I found it an incredibly relatable presentation that resonated strongly with the entire audience.
- Dr. Lino Gonzalez, President of the Board of Directors - SACNAS (Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science)