- Retired California Highway Patrol officer
- “Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge"
- Crisis Management Expert
As an international Crisis Management, Suicide Prevention, and Leadership Skills presenter, Sergeant Kevin Briggs’ story and lived experiences have been featured at the Technology, Entertainment, and Design 2014 Conference as a TEDTalk, Ciudad de Las Ideas (Mexico), Yahoo News, The New Yorker Magazine, Men’s Health Magazine, NPR’s Bob Edwards Radio Show, People Magazine, USA Today, ... VIEW MORE
• Signs presented by an individual in crisis/contemplating suicide • Familiarization of effective communication tools ... View More
Crisis Intervention with Suicidal Individuals
• Specific cases from law enforcement encounters on the Golden Gate Bridge • Understanding the important role of ... View More
The High Price of Mental Illness in the Workplace
• Managers, the example you set is vital to your team members’ and the company’s success • Active Listening Skills: ... View More
Quality of Life
(Workshop) • How stress affects your daily quality of life • Quality of Life Triad: A guide to maintaining a healthy ... View More
- Your talk was awesome! That email you added late on was incredible. Really breathtaking. And the fact is you had everyone's rapt attention throughout the talk. I was really struck by your willingness to take a few small tweaks to your already excellent talk. It's rare that someone who's as talented as you as a public speaker is willing to listen like that and be so enjoyable to work with. Many, many thanks for that... and for lighting up our event.
- Chris, Curator - TEDTalk
- Kevin Briggs was super friendly, kind, and easy going. He had a powerful message which he shared to an almost full capacity crowd. We were so pleased with the turnout. Kevin was very gracious with his time and spent a lot of time talking individually with people following his talk. I would recommend him to any other college or university considering bringing him.
- Rachel, Director - Northern Michigan University
- I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your role in making the Georgetown Institutes a success. Far from disappointed, you were wonderful, and you and Kevin Hines provide such a powerful statement about hope in the face of mental health challenges. The feedback we have gotten has been incredible. You should feel very proud and gratified that your words touched so many people. It was a pleasure working with you.
- Beth, President of Management & Training Innovations - Georgetown Institutes