- Winner of NBC's Fashion Star
- Designer for H&M, Macy's and Saks 5th Avenue
- Former Fourth Grade Teacher
An inspired teacher, designer and speaker, Kara Laricks leaves audiences feeling empowered, impassioned and motivated.
Best known as the first winner of NBC's Fashion Star, Kara Laricks designed her way to a six million dollar contract with H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Before creating collections for a worldwide audience, Laricks taught fourth grade in Shawnee, Kansas as ... VIEW MORE
From Fourth Grade Teacher to NBC's First Fashion Star
Honoring the Past while Pursuing Passion Kara's personal story of an empowering career change and how a reality ... View More
Making Your School/Workplace More Inclusive for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Students, Families and Employees
One gay educator's personal account as well as simple tips and tricks to ensure LGBT individuals can reach their full ... View More
- Kara is living, walking proof about how very important possessing this quality is for aspiring fashion designers. . . . Kara is an excellent speaker because she is earnest, engaging & despite being a reality TV star, not intimidating or condescending.
- Vivian Kelly Instructor, The Fashion School - Kent State University New York City Campus
- She was exactly the presenter that we had hoped for! Her inspiring words have created positive change on the the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville campus and we were delighted to have hosted her for her event.
- Anthony Maier,President - Delta Lambda Phi Fraternity Beta Zeta Chapter Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- She offered an insightful look into her personal story of self-discovery and acceptance as a lesbian woman coming out in Kansas. Coupled with her small town charm and welcoming smile, Kara kept everyone engaged the entire time.
- Shane Windmeyer Co Founder/Executive Director - Campus Pride
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!