- Co-founded and moderates #CAedchat
- Technology Coach / Instructional Math
- Author: Table Talk Math; The Classroom Chef
John Stevens is an instructional math and technology coach in Southern California who has also taught high school Geometry, Algebra 1, middle school Math, Service Learning, and Robotics, Engineering, and Design since 2006. As the co-author of "The Classroom Chef" and author of "Table Talk Math," he has served as the go-to guy for trying new, crazy, and often untested ideas to see how ... VIEW MORE
Cooking with Curiosity
Engagement. Rigor. Innovation. Yes, we want our students to have the opportunity to change the world, but how? In our ... View More
Our students know things, and it is up to us as educators to facilitate deeper learning and provide ample feedback; ... View More
Starting a Math Fight
Math teachers have a wealth of free resources available to them and a breadth of people who are willing to help. Join ... View More
Navigating a Google Suite Classroom
The world of Google for Education will certainly change the way you teach. From teacher workflow tools to classroom ... View More
- Teachers had a great day with tons of takeaway. The timing was spot on. The teachers were able to see a combination of technology and math and how the tech enhanced the math but didnt do the math. From a presentation standpoint, i learned the importance of timing, use of music, and am encouraged to step out of the box.
- Scott Ellingson - Madera County Superintendent of Schools
- Classroom Chefs & 3D printing....both top top notch
- Eric Nichols - Harney ESD
- The feedback from the teachers is that the push in element was one of their best experiences as a teacher. So often we send teachers to PD and expect them to come back and implement it right away. In reality, the PD you sent them to was something they could not envision working their classroom. When you give them the ideas and strategies that was great, but actually getting in the trenches with them and showing the teacher how it could look in their classroom was priceless. This is the PD that needs to be conducted more often.
- Rachel Blackwell - Pulaski County SSD
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!