John O’Leary welcomes Lloyd Reeb to remind us of the importance of not just doing what is valuable, but doing what is priceless on the Live Inspired Podcast.
Are you discontent even though everyone around you thinks you "have it all?"
Lloyd Reeb, founding partner of Halftime Institute, is on a mission to help you ensure your next season in life is defined by joy, impact, and balance.
Today, Lloyd will remind us of the importance of not just doing what is valuable, but doing what is priceless. Regardless of your age or what you can bring to the marketplace, Lloyd will encourage you to get clear, get free and get going.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- How can your next chapter be even more impactful, fun and joyful than the first half was?
- At 14-years-old, Lloyd’s father helped him purchased a few acres of land, charging interest which taught him values.
- "What do I need to do to pass down the values of generosity, honesty, and hard work before passing the monies down."
- A successful building developer inadvertently taught him the importance of significance beyond success.
- Lloyd was introduced to Bob Buford, author of best-selling book Halftime and they created The Halftime Institute.
- "Sloppy busy": Your calendar is full but you have a nagging lack of focus and leverage that you had in your career.
- Resist the temptation to start working on the solution and take the time to think through your core strengths.
- Gallup’s Strengths Finder 2.0 played an important role in their children being heard. Get a copy or share each other’s strengths as I did with my family.
- Don't just jump in and get "sloppy busy." Take time to reflect on who you are and the best place you can give back. Ask yourself:
- When was I at my best?
- What was the most painful experience in my life and what did I learn from it? Very often our pain from the past calls out a path for our future.
- Think about who you are and not the work.
- Valuable vs. priceless:On one side of the paper, write a list of all the valuable things your life. On the other side, write the priceless things. What are you doing to protect the priceless things?
- Have a healthy mid-life renewal: Get clear, get free, get going.
- Intentionality: Lloyd strives to help other leaders be more intentional in not only how they give their time away but also building a world-class family.
If you enjoyed hearing how Lloyd is moving from success to significance, you’ll love hearing Live Inspired Podcast guest Jill Blashack Strahan share how she created a successful business during a tragic season in her life on ep. 18. You’ll also love hearing Live Inspired Podcast guest + graffiti artist Erik Wahl share how the dot-com bust in 2000 led him to reevaluate his life on ep. 80.
LLOYD REEB’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you've ever read? The Bible and Ordering Your Private World by Gordon McDonald.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Curiosity.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? I have seven "Book of Days". Every day, I keep an artifact of someone's life that I've affected, touched or helped.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Historian David McCullough.
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? My mom taught me it's better to give than to get.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Marry Linda Walker. She’s taught me relentless forgiveness.
7. It's been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? 100x: I'd like to take what I've been given and invest it so it produces 100 times that blessing or impact in other people's lives.
To book John O'Leary for your next event, visit his profile: https://premierespeakers.com/john_oleary
John’s most recent book title is On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life. To order copies in bulk for your event, please visit BulkBooks.com.
Live Inspired Podcast: Moving from Success to Significance (ep. 170) appeared first on John O'Leary.