John O’Leary welcomes award-winning actor Hill Harper to the Live Inspired Podcast for an inspiring, down-to-earth conversation about what is right in the world and ways you can make it even better.
Most people know today’s guest as the award-winning actor in ABC’s The Good Doctor or from his nine years on CSI: NY. But Hill Harper is also a four-time New York Times best-selling author and trailblazing humanitarian focusing on financial literacy and mentorship.
Hear Hill share seldom-told stories about his selfless passion for empowering underprivileged youth, his friendship with Barack Obama, and the legacy he hopes to leave behind. Today’s inspiring, down-to-earth conversation is for you if you would like to hear what is right in the world, and get ideas for how you can make it even better.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- “It's our responsibility to make the world a better place.”
- Hill shares about his friendship with Barack Obama and a seldom-told story about when Hill took him to a prison to play basketball with inmates when they were classmates at Harvard Law School.
- Hill shares an exclusive story on his passion for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Find your local BBBS office here.
- Learn more about Hill’s Manifest Your Destiny Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering underserved youth through mentorship, scholarship and grant programs here.
- Learn more about Experian Boost here.
- Get Hill Harper’s New York Times bestseller The Wealth Cure: Putting Money in Its Place here.
Hill Harper starred alongside award-winning actor, philanthropist and past Live Inspired Podcast guest Gary Sinise. As one of America's favorite, heart-led leaders, Gary shares lessons on gratitude, service, celebrating America's defenders, veterans, first responders and so much more. Listen to Gary Sinise on ep. 128 here.
We’ve welcomed other New York Times bestselling authors like Brene Brown and Judith Viorst onto the Live Inspire Podcast. Listen to all of those episodes here!
HILL HARPER’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you've ever read? Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Fearlessness. When I was a kid, they’d say, “he’ll do anything.”
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My poetry book from when I was a kid.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus and I would chop it up. I’d ask, “why do we allow children to suffer?”
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Every idea or impulse you have, act on it. Don’t sit on it.
7. It's been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Dedicated his life to impact and legacy in a positive way.
To book John O'Leary for your next event, visit his profile: https://premierespeakers.com/john_oleary
John’s most recent book title is On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life. To order copies in bulk for your event, please visit BulkBooks.com.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate and review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!
The post Live Inspired Podcast: The Good Doctor Star Hill Harper Talks Mission, Impact + Acting (ep. 160) appeared first on John O'Leary.