- Fmr Education Correspondent for PBS NewsHour
- President of Learning Matters
- Educational Journalist
- Your tremendous knowledge of Charter Schools made you the perfect person to lead the discussion. Please know our attendees loved the panel & rated it highly. I truly learned from your moderating techniques and hope to work with you again.
- Angela, National Seminar Organizer - National Association of Public Charter Schools
- Your presentation last weekend at our meeting in Washington, DC just knocked the ball out of the park! Thank you so much. Our people were talking about it all weekend, and in fact they’re still talking about it. To have the opportunity to interact with a critical friend with such a depth of experience is very unusual.
- James Harvey, Executive Director - National Superintendents Roundtable
- You were absolutely superb -- from asking probing questions to keeping the panelists and audience on-task. You were on fire! And we were overwhelmed with your closing and call for support of our organization. We are so grateful! The panelists and audience were also energized. We could not have asked for more.
- Kay Louie, Executive Director - Educacy
- The 33rd Annual Conference of the Orton Dyslexia Society was greatly enhanced by your sensitive and provocative keynote address. The response by the audience was extremely positive.
- William Ellis, President - Orton Dyslexia Society
- Your tremendous knowledge of Charter Schools, all the way back to Itasca in 1988, made you the perfect person to lead the discussion. Please know our attendees loved the panel and rated it highly. I truly learned from your moderating techniques and hope to work with you again. Your impact on education is appreciated.
- Angela Christoph, National Seminar Organizer - National Association of Public Charter Schools
- A word of thanks to you for the splendid handling of the Town Meeting for the 1977 Presidential Scholars. As you could tell by the audience response, the event was one of the best received by the Scholars.
- Jane Case Williams, Program Director
- Thank you so much for your insightful and entertaining talk at Public Advocates’ 37th Anniversary Dinner on May 29th. Your combination of knowledge, humor and passion added greatly to the proceedings.
- Jamienne S. Studley, President
- Thank you for moderating our recent debate on weighted student funding here at the Center for American Progress. We have received great feedback about the quality of the debate, and many attendees have expressed how highly informative they found the panel discussion. Your moderating skills greatly helped make this event a success.
- John D. Podesta, President and CEO - Center for American Progress
- On behalf of my colleagues, I wish to thank you for your invaluable participation. Your role as a moderator was greatly appreciated and proved to guide and direct a rich conversation.
- Dr. Mary Joy Pigozzi - Academy for Educational Development
- Thank you for your serving as an outstanding moderator of the Achievement Gap session. Your session garnered rave reviews. I knew you would be the perfect person to take on the challenging role of engaging the audience for two and a half hours because of your deep knowledge and understanding of the issues at hand, as well as your talent for leading a lively discussion.
- Michael Rebell, Executive Director - Campaign for Educational Equity, Teachers College
- Your keynote presentation was extremely well received by the audience members, who enjoyed the substance, sweep and humor of your talk. Your address on the first evening of the conference helped to set a wonderful tone for the rest of the event.
- Douglas Brattebo - Institute for Educational Leadership
- It was a terrific speech: substantive, humorous and emotional. I have long admired your journalism. Now I will add public speaking to the list.
- John Anderson - New American Schools
- Your superb remarks at the Boys Club dinner are all the more outstanding the second time around. I showed the tape of your talk to my colleagues in the office, and each one reacts more positively than the last.
- Frederick Wandelt - The Taft School
- Thank you so much for facilitating the ECS Governors/CEOs Forum in Minneapolis, and for moderating three sessions at our Annual Meeting. Talk about taking advantage of your presence! We always receive terrific feedback from participants on your top-notch moderating skills. Your ideas, knowledge, experience and humor are an indispensable part of these productive discussions.
- Arleen Arnsbarger - Education Commission of the States
- John invited dialogue and unpacked complexities that provided important substantive takeaways for our audience. The feedback from our Fellows was resoundingly positive, with 95% ranking this session good to excellent. Most common comments were that they wished the panel could have lasted even longer, due to the richness of the discussion. We highly recommend John Merrow as a moderator, facilitator, chair, discussant, or speaker. His expertise would add tremendous value to any convening, offering depth, breadth, and critical reflection often missing in today’s
- Martin J. Blank, President - Institute for Educational Leadership
- John's presentation was outstanding. His breadth of experience and understanding of the complexity and challenges of our education system were a call to action as well as an affirmation of Montessori's potential to influence the future of education in this country. I look forward to keeping in touch with John and I hope to schedule him for another conference next year. I hope that more audiences can have the benefit of John's wisdom.
- Jacquie Maughan, President - North American Montessori Teachers' Association
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!
John Merrow travels from New York, New York and requires Coach Class for 1 and expenses