- Master Motivator of Teachers and Students
- Former Reading, English and AVID teacher
- President of ULLC
Dr. John W. Hodge is president and co-founder of Urban Learning and Leadership Center (ULLC), an organization focused on student achievement and reduction of the achievement gap. He has served as a reading teacher, English teacher, AVID teacher, Assistant Principal and Associate Director of AVID Center Eastern Division. He served as Director of An Achievable Dream Academy, an inner ... VIEW MORE
BE THE ONE!
The education of America’s youth is a challenging prospect when one considers the many burdens faced by impoverished ... View More
Please Stop Calling Me At-Risk: The Power of Resilience in Today's Urban Youth
In the fall of 2002, Dr. Jo Lynne DeMary, Superintendent of Public Instruction for Virginia Schools, requested that the ... View More
Motivating Teachers to Motivate Students: Let's Talk About Belief!!!
The stakes in public education have never been higher. If educators and communities think No Child Left Behind changed ... View More
Educating Students Socially, Academically and Morally
This presentation teaches educators what it takes to create and sustain excellence in the classroom.
- I felt that his presentation was tailor-made for Quest. He reiterated a lot of what I have been discussing in our staff meetings and everyone was engaged from start to finish. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we enjoyed him tremendously.
- Andrea Guice, Principal / Director - Quest Academy Community School
- I generally judge a speaker in three areas: did they challenge my mind, did they challenge my heart, and did they leave me with some information that I can use to make either my life or job performance better. In John Hodge’s case, he was overwhelmingly successful in all three areas. Based on the comments from many of the >1300 attendees, they felt the same. John’s message resonated with teachers in all grade levels and subject areas. His theme of “Be the One” was quickly adopted as a hashtag in several Tweets in which teachers shared key points from his speech. I’m sure this will remain a theme for many throughout the year.
- Tim Solley - Madison County Schools
- The teachers of ALL six schools were entertained, informed, laughed, shed tears, and left with a sense of renewal and excitement. Without a doubt, each of us will look at our students with new eyes and act accordingly.
- Gwen Lewis, Principal - Prairie Elementary School
We are not able to provide this information on the website.
Please call us at (615) 261-4000 for more details!