- Writer for BBC TV and radio
- Stand up comedian
Ian Hawkins is a writer turned comedian - international, multi-disciplined.
He wrote for other comedians for eleven years before deciding to do 'the easy bit' himself. Onstage, he tells stories, jokes, and makes ill-advised forays into the world of film music.
Ian wrote for The Politics Show on BBC 1, Channel Four's The 11 o'clock Show, and Loose Ends, The News Quiz, and The ... VIEW MORE
Business Lessons from Comedy
Once described as 'an entrepreneur in denial,' Ian has been a teacher, banker, call centre telephonist, newsagent, bar ... View More
Ian wrote for The Politics Show on BBC 1, Channel Four’s The 11 o’clock Show, and Loose Ends, The News Quiz, and The ... View More
- Our company invited Ian to compere our launch party. To put it briefly – he was great. As a slightly longer version, Ian researched and wrote new material specifically for our event, he was charming, engaging and professional both onstage and off ………and, of course, funny. I would have no hesitation in recommending Ian for any event, particularly as he also showed sensitivity and interest in our specific audience.
- Jason Kirk - Kirk Originals
- ‘Not only was the nature of his material appropriate for a corporate audience, but he whipped the crowd into a great mood and set the pace for the event. I would not hesitate to recommend him for similar corporate events!’
- Nisha Harish, Senior Manager - Ernst & Young