- Futurist, Humanist
- Author of 'Technology vs. Humanity'
- CEO The Futures Agency
In the words of American poet John Berryman, "the possibility that has been overlooked is the future". Most of us are far too busy coping with present challenges to explore the future in any depth - and when we do our own cravings and fears often run away with us, resulting in utopias or dystopias that are not very helpful in terms of planning and decisions. Today's professionals, ... VIEW MORE
TECHNOLOGY VS HUMANITY?
In this groundbreaking new talk based on his new book, Gerd addresses the “future shocks” that lie in wait for ... View More
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) AND THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY
Artificial intelligence (AI) has become a global buzzword, and investments in AI, machine/deep learning and many ... View More
HUMAN-MACHINE RELATIONSHIPS – ARE YOU ON TEAM HUMAN?
Perhaps the most burning issue facing humanity is our ever-deepening relationship with the computers, bots, devices, ... View More
MAN AND MACHINE: IS IT HEAVEN OR IS IT HELL?
In an era when machines are not only taking our jobs but are starting to run our lives, as well, how will we respond ... View More
- He talked about the future of advertising and media. The feedback of our guests was great. Gerd perfectly combined his knowledge and expertise with his unique talent to inspire and entertain the audience. The up front coordination went perfect.
- Boris Cieslar - Omnicom Media Group Germany
- Gerd Leonhard wrote The Future of Music, which basically said that the record business was terminally ill. . . . He's shaped our thinking. None of us know what the future looks like, so we can invent it, be part of it.
- Ged Doherty - SonyBMG UK
- Gerd is one of the few people who is able to see clearly beyond the current state of the music industry, experiments in digital music business and squabbling over copyright issues.
- Bill Rosenblatt - Giant Steps Media Technology Strategies