- Distance Cycling Record Holder
- Emmy Award Winner
- New York Times Best-Selling Author
Dan Buettner is a National Geographic Fellow and New York Times best selling author. His New York Times Sunday Magazine article, “The Island Where People Forget to Die” was the second most popular article of 2012. He founded Blue Zones, a company that puts the world’s best practices in longevity and well-being to work in people’s lives. Buettner’s National Geographic cover story on ... VIEW MORE
Thrive: Unlocking the Secrets of Happiness
Where we live–not education, marital status or wealth– is the biggest, controllable factor that determines our ... View More
Blue Zones: Secrets of a Long Life
To find the path to long life and health, Dan Buettner and his team study the world’s “Blue Zones,” communities whose ... View More
The Making of a Healthy City
In 2009, Albert Lea, Minnesota, a statistically average American city, completed a one-year community health ... View More
- With your entertaining delivery, there was a palpable feeling of joy in the auditorium.
- Greg McGruder - National Geographic Society
- In 18 years, I have seen only a handful of speakers receive such a spontaneous and heartfelt standing ovation.
- Curtis Hoehne - Nature's Sunshine
- A home run with Dan!
- Richard McLeod - Cisco Systems