- TV's Survivor Contestant
- Challenged Athlete
- TEDx speaker
One year before appearing on CBS' hit TV show Survivor, Chad Crittenden was a bilingual teacher and in the prime of his life. He was diagnosed with Synovial Sarcoma: a rare and deadly form of cancer. Treatment called for drastic surgery to remove his right foot, which eventually saved his life.
Chad went on to excel on Survivor, revealing after 2 days that he indeed had a ... VIEW MORE
Discover The Will To Survive
By telling audiences his story from surgery to Survivor, Chad helps them understand that overcoming obstacles is a ... View More
The First Year Experience: Getting Off On The Right Foot (Even If You Don't Have One!)
From adjusting to college life to overcoming obstacles and achieving, Chad relates his experience on Survivor and ... View More
Acknowledging Diverse Minds, Bodies, And Spirits
Chad Crittenden uses his "Survivor" experiences to supplement his own reality regarding the stereotypes and ... View More
- Chad is great! He connected well with the audience; funny and engaging as well as inspirational and empowering! This is the second time he has presented at ESU. He is so genuine and such a "non-celebrity." It is a joy to work with him
- Stacey Braun - Director Student Involvement/Student SUCCESS
- My highest of recommendations for Chad, I want to bring him back to talk to audiences again in the future; very inspiring.
- Tony Labat - Chair, New Genres Dept. San Francisco Art Institute
- Chad made a strong personal connection with the audience, while being polite, friendly and easy to work with. Chad encouraged students to take a look at their circumstances, and make positive choices to develop the opportunities that they desire.
- Michael Luciani - Dean of Students Landmark College