- Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Dir. of Communication: Allies Against Slavery
- Founder of Survivor Healing and Empowerment
Brooke Axtell is the Founder and Director of She is Rising, a healing community for women and girls overcoming rape, abuse and sex-trafficking. Through her mentorship programs, retreats and workshops, Brooke helps survivors become leaders. She is passionate about inspiring young women to reclaim their worth and express their power to create a more compassionate world.
Her work as a ... VIEW MORE
- Brooke held the attention of a room filled with potential donors, long time supporters, and dedicated advocates at the SafePlace fundraiser in Austin. Her story was tough, powerful and yet hopeful. Her warrior poet voice rings true.
- Julia Spann - SafePlace
- Brooke Axtell captivated audiences watching the Grammy Awards on Sunday with a stirring spoken word piece.
- L.A. Times
- An emotional, poignant speech from domestic violence activist Brooke Axtell. Axtell shared her story in a room-silencing spoken word piece.
- Rolling Stone