- Aija Mayrock had 500 kids “mesmerized,” at a recent assembly in one of our middle schools. Her powerful message, her charisma, and her polished presentation skills make for a potent combination. Junior high kids can be a tough crowd, and they certainly have antennae for authenticity. Aija continues to wow amidst such diverse audiences and this is truly impressive.
- David J Lawrence, Director of Communications - Santa Barbara County Education Office
- Aija was our guest speaker at Madison Square Garden three times in the past two years. Aija was AMAZING. Her passion from the beginning during our planning stages could be felt from our phone meetings. We had a packed house and all eyes were on Aija. The students, teachers and our staff really enjoyed learning more about her and continue to share her tips among our growing fan base and within the schools.
- The Madison Square Garden Company
- Santa Barbara County educators know it is important to promote values of caring in our communities, schools, and families. It is unlikely a young person will develop caring values unless he or she is continually exposed to adults who model and reward them. Author and current New York University student Aija Mayrock is one such model. She has addressed thousands of school children of all ages in numerous assemblies to talk with them about her experiences being bullied as a teenager. She is in such demand because her compassionate, empowering message resonates with students. It is critical that values like the ones Aija is promoting be reinforced in young people’s everyday lives, in order to override the competing messages that surround them through music videos, games, and television.
- Bill Cirone, Superintendent - Santa Barbara County
- Aija Mayrock delivered a compelling and emotionally resonant presentation at our association's annual conference for heads of school. She connected well with her audience as she shared several powerful poems and stories drawn from her own personal experiences as a student.
- New York Association of Independent Schools