We're thinking about success all wrong.
I'm tired of the world putting people in boxes, deciding who can and can't be successful based on a narrow set of standards. So, on today’s podcast, I’m telling the unbelievable story of how two gifted students from my special ed classes in high school broke through the box the world had put them in, leaned into their gifts and achieved wild professional success before they even graduated.
Listen in to hear:
- The amazing talent that allowed a student from my special ed class to be hired at a major corporation while he was still in high school
- How another student in my special ed class made more than his parents before he graduated high school
- Why you should forget about your weaknesses
- Why it's okay to only be amazing at one thing
- How hiring outside your normal pool of applicants could skyrocket your business
- What you can do today to encourage people to lean into their gifts
I recently gave my keynote to Choose a School Arizona, an incredible initiative that ensures that a child's zip code doesn't hold them back from educational opportunity. I love that it removes these barriers for kids, and as I was talking with these amazing educators and students, I couldn't help but think how much this story needs to be told.
It's a story of rising up and of triumph, and I think it will inspire you to see yourself and those closest to you in a totally new light.